top of page

If you are not an Australian or NZ Passport holder you must have a valid visa before you arrive in Australia.  

If you do not hold the right visa when you arrive in Australia you may be prevented from entering the country. 

There are over 50 different Australian visas available. The type of visa you should apply for will depend on your personal requirements and reasons for travelling to Australia. 

Here are some details about some of the most popular Australian visas:

Family Visas

If you would like to join your partner, spouse, or parent in Australia, and you are not an Australian, NZ or Norfolk Island Passport holder, you must have a visa before you arrive in Australia.  


If the purpose of your visit is just to see your relatives for a short period of time, a tourist visa may be the most suitable visa. But if you want to join your family on a permanent basis one of these visas might be a better option: 


  • Spouse / Partner Visa:

    If you have been living with an Australian, or you are engaged or married to an Australian, you may be able to apply for a Partner or Fiance/e visa which will allow you to live and work in Australia.


  • Child Visa:

    If you are an Australian or you have a permanent Australian visa, and you want to take your child to Australia, s/he may be eligible for a Child Visa.


  • Parent Visa:

    If you have children who are Australian citizens, or permanent residents, you may be able to join them in Australian on a permanent or temporary (this is a new visa which will be introduced in 2019) Parent Visa.


More information about family visas is available here on the Department of Home Affairs website.


If you would like us to apply for your family visa on your behalf please  contact us .


bottom of page